The two photographers that I
have mainly been looking in to are Phillipe Halsmann and Gjon Mili. I have
looked at a few of each of their photos and I fell in love with them straight
away. I love that they both involve movement in their photos but both portray
it in different ways. Halsmanns photos have still movement like people jumping
and the image is captured while they are in mid-air like this bellow.
Halsmann would of captured this photo using a fast shutter speed where as Mili used a slow shutter speed.
Where as Mili caught movement
with blurred snap shots, which look amazing, they are like nothing I have ever
seen before. Mili managed to portray a sequence of human movement in a single
photo. Mili used a technique called stroboscopic photography. This is a method
that mixes an electronic flash unit with prolonged exposure time. To create
images like this
I really like Halsmann’s
photographs. They are very technical and are very well thought out, everything
has to be well rehearsed so that the photo goes exactly the way he wants it to
which interests me. Although I like Halsmann’s work a lot I am a lot fonder of
Mili’s I think this is because Mili’s photographs are so different and are also
very interesting I have never seen movement portrayed like this in a picture
until I looked at his work.
Mili also took pictures of
people drawing with light, mainly Picasso drawing with light I really like this
and would like to do something like this in my photography
the light drawing is another way of portraying movement
over all I think these two photographers are in my top three favorite photographers and I think there work is brilliant



No comments:
Post a Comment