In exploring specialist techniques and viewpoint I have been looking at photo-montage I have looked at some photo-montage artists like
John Heartfield
Hannah Höch
Kurt Schwitters
Raoul Housmann
Hannah Höch
Kurt Schwitters
Raoul Housmann
My two favourite artists from this four are Hannah Höch and Raoul Hausmann because I liked there work the most.
Hannah Höch
The piece of work I looked at by Höch was;
"Cut with the Kitchen Knife through the Last Weimar Beer-Belly Cultural Epoch in Germany", 1919-1920.
"Cut with the Kitchen Knife through the Last Weimar Beer-Belly Cultural Epoch in Germany", 1919-1920.
I really like this piece. it is very busy, it looks very mechanically inspired because of all the buildings and all the gears and bolts in it, I also think this photo-montage is advertising Dada and is against anti Dadaists because it is covered in the word Dada. I think it is against anti dadaists because in the top right corner there is paper cut outs which read die anti Dada.
Raoul Housmann
The piece of work I have been looking at by Housmann is this;
ABCD (Self-portrait) 1923–24
I really like this piece I like how he has put himself into the photo-montage and the different things round about him.
I decided to take this forward and this is the idea that I came up with
I took the same sort of idea, I used photo shop to crop the picture of my head and change the colour to black and white. I then placed things about me round me, like that I really like bananas so I decided to put a banana in it I then changed the writing at the top to my second name, I basically tried to portray myself in a photo-montage.



No comments:
Post a Comment